Twelfth London International Cough Symposium (12th LICS) at Imperial College London: 13-14th July 2022
Course Director: Professor Kian Fan Chung, Imperial College, London
The Twelfth London International Cough Symposium will take place on 13/14 July 2022 in London. It will be a hybrid meeting with the possibility of face-to-face attendance and joining via the internet. We are hoping that most of the faculty and attendants will attend in person.
The Twelfth London International Cough Symposium will gather clinicians and scientists for a review of the latest clinical and research advances, evolving ideas and new treatments regarding acute and chronic cough. There will be a review of the diseases associated with acute and chronic cough, underlying pathophysiological mechanisms, and cutting-edge treatments for hypersensitive cough. It will include state-of-the-art lectures, round-table discussions and poster presentations by an International Faculty from Europe, North America, Australia and the Far East.
Sessions will include:
- Measuring the impact of Cough
- Mechanisms of Cough hypersensitivity
- Cough and Infectious diseases
- Clinical Trials of novel antitussives
- Management of chronic cough and cough hypersensitivity
- The 2022 John Widdicombe lecture: Measuring cough: what really matters?
- Abstract discussion
The John Widdicombe lecture held in memory of Professor John Widdicombe will be delivered by Professor Surinder Birring of King’s College London.
Poster presentation and discussion
Researchers and clinicians are invited to present work in the form of posters that will be discussed during 2 plenary sessions. A maximum of 30 posters will be accepted.
- Understand the mechanisms underlying cough hypersensitivity syndrome
- Have a greater knowledge of chronic cough associated with respiratory and non-respiratory disorders
- Have insight into the current management of patients with chronic cough
- Have up-to-date information on the most recent advances in antitussive therapies
Clinicians in various specialties including internal medicine, respiratory medicine, gastroenterology, and otorhinolaryngology, physiotherapists and language and speech therapist, basic scientists and physiologists in sensory neurophysiology, clinical scientists and pharmacologists.
For more information regarding registration and abstract submission, please visit: https://eur.cvent.me/xGk0r