This Series on Artificial Intelligence in Thoracic Disease: From Bench to Bed is edited by Drs. Jianxing He and Hengrui Liang, from Department of Thoracic Surgery and Oncology, the First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China.
Jianxing He, MD, FACS
Dr. He has specialized in clinical, basic, and translational research related to lung cancer surgery. Dr. He has performed more than 10,000 surgeries, including heart-lung transplantation, lung transplantation, and minimally invasive surgery for lung cancer.
Besides his rich clinical experience, Dr. He also has an extensive and impressive array of research experience. He has undertaken or is currently undertaking more than 30 scientific projects supported by the National 863 Program and National Science Foundation. Dr. He has published a total of 572 scientific papers in thoracic surgery, including 239 articles published in Chinese journals and 333 articles published in English journals indexed by SCIE, most of which are the internationally esteemed peer reviewed journals, e.g., NEJM, Lancet, Cell, Lancet Oncology, Nature Medicine, BMJ, JCO, and JAMA INTERN MED. Dr. He has a total impact factor ranking of 2,104.082 combined from his published journals, with a total citation number of his published works reaching 13,691. His H-index was 47.
Hengrui Liang, MD
Dr.Liang is board certified in thoracic surgery, with clinical interest in minimal invasive thoracic surgery and research interest in non-intubated thoracic surgery as well as artificial intelligence related medical application.
Dr.Liang was graduated from Nanshan College in Guangzhou Medical University in 2018. He completed general and thoracic residency training in the first affiliated hospital of Guangzhou Medical University from 2018 to 2021. He won the 2019 AATS thoracic training fellowship award (Duke university Medical Center).
Dr. Liang has published over 30 first-author scientific papers indexed by SCIE in thoracic surgery and oncology, most of which are the internationally esteemed peer reviewed journals, e.g., Ann Surg, JAMA INTERN MED, Ann Thorac Surg. He attended many international academic conferences and had oral or poster presentation. He won 2017 WCLC Developing Award, 2018 ESMO Asia Merit Award and 2019 JLCS Travel Award.
- Artificial Intelligence-assisted diagnosis and decision making for major
- Artificial Intelligence-assisted diagnosis and decision making for pulmonary nodule
- Artificial Intelligence-assisted localization and surgical planning for thoracic surgery
- Artificial Intelligence-assisted for perioperative anesthesia management in cardio-thoracic surgery
- Application of surgical artificial intelligence in thoracic surgery
- Artificial Intelligence-assisted diagnosis and decision making for respiratory histology and pathology
- Artificial Intelligence-assisted decision making for prognosis/drug efficacy prediction in advanced pulmonary tumor patient
- Application of artificial intelligence for COVID-19
- Application of natural language processing for respiratory disease
- Application of artificial intelligence for new drug development
- Application of artificial intelligence for developing clinical trial
- Data security and data sharing in artificial intelligence & medicine
The series “Artificial Intelligence in Thoracic Disease: From Bench to Bed” was commissioned by the editorial office, Journal of Thoracic Disease without any sponsorship or funding. Jianxing He and Hengrui Liang served as the unpaid Guest Editors for the series.