This focused issue on “Novel Concepts in Cardiopulmonary and Structural Heart Disease” is edited by Dr. Christos G. Mihos, Columbia University Division of Cardiology, Mount Sinai Heart Institute, Miami Beach, FL, USA.
Dr. Mihos is the Director of Echocardiography at Columbia University Division of Cardiology, Mount Sinai Heart Institute, Miami Beach FL, USA, and a practicing Non-Invasive Clinical Cardiologist. He completed his Internal Medicine Residency (2009-2012) and Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship (2012-2015) at Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach FL, USA. From 2015-2017, Dr. Mihos served as an Advanced Echocardiography and Clinical Research Fellow at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Boston MA, USA. He is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine for the Columbia University Division of Cardiology at Mount Sinai Heart Institute, and a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology at Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine. He is a devoted clinical researcher, and has authored or co-authored over 150 peer-reviewed articles and abstracts.
Dr. Mihos has a keen interest in the field of valvular heart disease, and in particular mitral valve disorders.
Focused issue outline:
- TEE vs TTE for Right Heart Assessment Prior to Mitral and Tricuspid Valve Surgery
- Tricuspid Regurgitation and Outcomes of TAVR
- Novel Hemodynamic Assessment in Pulmonary Hypertension
- Left Ventricular Shape and Ventricular Reconstruction in the Post-STICH Era
- Are the size changes of the aortic root determinant for thrombosis after transcatheter aortic valve replacement?
- Mitral Regurgitation After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Regurgitation
- Lessons Learned from COAPT and MITRA-FR
- Echocardiographic imaging of the tricuspid valve
- TAVR - PARTNER Trials and the future
- Early Failure of Pericardial Patch Repair for Rheumatic Mitral Valve Regurgitation
- Inappropriate Pacing Due to T-Wave Oversensing Results in Hemodynamic Shock
- Cardiovascular Implantable Electronic Device-related Tricuspid Regurgitation