This focused issue on “Small Cell Lung Cancer” is edited by Dr. Jose Pacheco, from Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Anschutz Cancer Center, Aurora, Colorado, USA.
This focused issue is designed to discuss the molecular biology and treatment of small cell lung cancer. This focused issue reviews recent literature and also identifies future directions for research.
Jose Pacheco, MD
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Anschutz Cancer Center, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Dr. Pacheco is an Assistant Professor at University of Colorado Cancer Center. Specializing in thoracic oncology and developmental therapeutics. He received medical degree from University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston Texas. He did internal medicine at Washington University Saint Louis, and did fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine. Between fellowship and residency, he served as the internal medicine clerkship director at the Saint Louis Veterans Affairs Hospital. Since joining the University of Colorado, he has presented at multiple meetings, including the IASLC World Conference on Lung Cancer and Santa Monica targeted therapies meeting. He served as session chair during the ROS1 session at ASCO 2019 and is currently a study chair for a SWOG clinical trial. He has published many peer-reviewed manuscripts in national and international journals, authored book chapters and is principal investigator on several ongoing clinical trials.
Focused issue outline:
- Introduction to this focused issue
- Molecular biology of SCLC
- Immunotherapy in SCLC
- PCI versus watchful waiting for extensive stage SCLC
- SRS versus WBRT for SCLC brain metastases
- Role of PCI for limited stage SCLC
- PARP inhibitors in SCLC
- Paraneoplastic syndromes in SCLC
- Evolving biomarkers in SCLC
- Systemic therapy options following chemo-immunotherapy in SCLC
- Systemic therapy for limited stage SCLC
- Surgical options for limited stage SCLC
- Management of SVC Syndrome
- Drugs in development for SCLC
- What is the role of consolidative thoracic radiotherapy in the era of chemo-immunotherapy?
The focused issue “Small Cell Lung Cancer” was commissioned by the editorial office, Journal of Thoracic Disease without any funding or sponsorship. Jose Pacheco is serving as the unpaid Guest Editor for the focused issue.